The organizers (Ruth Urner, Michael Hirsch, Ilya Tolstikhin and Bernhard Schölkopf) of the The Machine Learning Summer School that took place in June 2017 at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen, Germany, just released the videos of some of the talks. Here they are along with some of the slides:here.
- Shai Ben-David (Waterloo) Learning Theory.Slides part 1 video 1 part 2 video 2 part 3 video 3
- Michael Black (MPI for Intelligent Systems) Learning digital humans by capturing real ones.
- Olivier Bousquet (Google Brain) Machine Learning in Industry and teach a tutorial on Tensorflow.
- Sylvain Gelly (Google Brain) Tutorial on Tensorflow.
- Zoubin Ghahramani (Cambridge) Bayesian Inference. Slides part 1 video 1 part 2 video 2 part 3 video 3
- Manuel Gomez Rodriguez (MPI for Software Systems) Tutorial on Social Network Analysis
- Dominik Janzing (MPI for Intelligent Systems) Causality. Slides here.
- Stefanie Jegelka (MIT) Submodularity. Slides here.
- Michael Jordan (Berkeley) Optimization: Distributed, Asynchronous, Accelerated and Non-Convex. video 1, video 2, video 3
- Ralf Herbrich (Amazon) Machine Learning in Industry. Slides here.
- Jure Lescovec (Stanford) Network Analysis. Slides 1 video 1 slide 2 Video 2 slide 3 video 3 slide 4
- David Lopez-Paz (Facebook AI Research) Practical on Causality.
- Volodymyr Mnih (Deepmind) Deep Reinforcement Learning.
- Jan Peters (Darmstadt) Reinforcement Learning in 90 min: A Modern Perspective.
- Ruslan Salakhutdinov (CMU) Deep Learning. Slides part 1 video 1 part 2 video 2
- Stefan Schaal (MPI for Intelligent Systems) Robot Learning.
- Suvrit Sra (MIT) Optimization. Slides 1 video 1 slide 2 video 2 slide 3A 3B video 3
- Bharath Sriperumbudur (PennState) Kernel Methods. Slides part 1 video 1 part 2 video 2 part 3 video 3
- Utkarsh Upadhyay (MPI for Software Systems) Tutorial on Social Network Analysis
- Isabel Valera (Cambridge) tutorial on Social Network Analysis
- Max Welling (Amsterdam) Large Scale Bayesian Inference with an Application to Bayesian Deep Learning Slides here.
- Ilya Tolstikhin (MPI for Intelligent Systems) Tutorial on Learning Theory and speak on Implicit generative models: dual vs. primal approaches. Slides here.
- Ruth Urner (MPI for Intelligent Systems) Tutorial on Learning Theory.
- Bernhard Schölkopf (MPI for Intelligent Systems) Introduction to ML and speak on Causality. Slides here
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.